Scalamandre Set of 2 Old Fashioned Glasses / Jacquie Aiche Heriker Crystal Stud Jacket / Equipment cashmere turtleneck sweater / NARS Heat Wave Lipstick / Eberjey Gisele pajama set / Saks Fifth Avenue Rabbit Fur Hearmuffs / Nasty Gal Gilded Portable Charger / J. Crew Cashmere-lined tech gloves / Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara / Illesteva Leonard sunglasses / J. Crew Collection Stella calf hair pumps / Sarah Chloe Signet Ring
I figured there was no better way to kick off my gift guide series than with the kinds of things I'm often tempted to buy for myself as soon as those Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals start kicking in. Traditionally, these kinds of flash sales and such frantic commercialism give me a lot of anxiety—the inundation of promotional emails can turn me off shopping altogether.
But, here we are. It's Black Friday, I'm happily stuffed with Thanksgiving dinner and gearing up for a little leftovers party this afternoon. I'm feeling contented and excited for the start of the Christmas season. Plus, I love gift guides. I love scouring the Internet for cool, unique, affordable (sometimes) and special ideas for treating the people you love.
*Have you seen the guides I've been creating each week for Style Girlfriend? No? Well they are awesome. Check out guides themed to red, orange + yellow, green and light blue gift ideas—with more to come in the next few weeks!
Anyway, back to this gift guide... The theme is kind of random, no? I was just thinking about unfussy, slam-dunk gifts for women who like nice things, enjoy a trend or two and hate looking schleppy in the winter. It's a mix of accessories, beauty, a dash of jewelry and naturally, a few cozy pieces to get any New York City woman through a Polar Vortex in style.
I'm particularly obsessed with a few things:
- These Scalamandre Old Fashioned glasses are stylish and playful—but meant for a serious cocktail. I have come to favor an Old Fashioned (or a Manhattan) above just about any other cocktail, as have many of my most stylish friends. These would make a charming addition to any bar set up.
- I can't get through a commute without music (or an episode of Serial), so I truly appreciate the genius of these rabbit fur earmuffs that double as headphones. Take that, winter!
- A portable phone charger in gold? Yeah, I need that, and so does any woman who is constantly out and about—whether she's an Instagram fiend, constantly checking work emails or looking for love on Tinder...
- The name is perhaps a little over-the-top, but this Better Than Sex mascara creates dramatically full (like, very dramatically) lashes that hardly require the addition of eyeliner. Perfect for going from work to happy hour or a date and feeling like you barely need a touch-up.
- When it comes to the ultimate cool girl stocking stuffer, it has to be this Jacquie Aiche single ear jacket. Singular, special and unique, it's meant to be worn with a mis-matched stud on the other side.
Scroll through below to shop all my picks:
*BLACK FRIDAY SALES: Tons of sales kicked off earlier in the week, but in case you (like me) are kind of lazy, here are the ones I'm just taking note of today...
- SHOPBOP: Use the code GOBIG14 to save 15% when you spend $250, 25% when you spend $500, and 25% when you spend $1000 or more.
- MADEWELL: Use the code GIFTON to save 25% on your entire purchase. (I used it to get this cozy lambswool turtleneck for myself in black.)
- NORDSTROM: They've got major sales going on in the moment, up to 40% off lots women's products.
(It has tons of extra picks that won't make it onto the blog)