Last weekend, I had the pleasure of being invited to check out the Capsule women's show to pick out my five favorite pieces from the dozens (and dozens) of brands showing for BPMW's blog, We are the Market. It was incredibly tough to choose, with brands like Armour Lux, Gitman Sisters, Mara Hoffman and Mark McNairy around every turn - but never the less, I did it. You can see my selections above, and read about them below.
1. ”This bag practically screams, “Take me away for a weekend!” The colorful, embroidered design is stunning and I could see myself packing it full of the other items I’ve selected here and running away somewhere warm and breezy this summer.” [Stela 9 bag]
2. “The sharp angles and graphic look of this bracelet make it a stand-out statement piece, but the classic, shiny gold metal makes it incredibly wearable with anything from a denim shirt to a cocktail dress.” [ Tom Tom gold bracelet]
3. “The beauty of a dress like this is it’s both bold and simple. The cut is relaxed and comfortable, and the color scheme is bright and the design is fresh / slightly mod; it reminds me of Proenza Schouler’s SS11 collection.” [Shona Joy dress]
4. “I’m easing into the idea of wearing smaller, more rounded frames this spring, and these are ultra-flexible and come in dozens of fun color combinations.” [Etnia Barcelona sunglasses]
5. “In keeping with my bright color theme, this cozy crew neck sweater is right up my alley. I love the neon pink detailing on the hem, and the cream and gold makes for a fun take on the classic fair isle knit.” [Mads Norgaard sweater]
Thanks again to Peter at BPMW and all the brand who let us sneak away with their amazing pieces. You'll probably be hearing more about all of them on the blog in the near future.