So start bribing your friends with the best plans and the biggest boats, slather on the SPF 4, and gear down to your favorite swimwear - it's time to wet & wild.
1. Why not treat yourself to a round of mimosas or Bloody Marys to kick things into high gear straight away? Just don't forget breakfast while you're at it...nothing botches a perfect Seafair day like throwing up and being put to bed before noon.
2. Treat yourself to a new pair of cheap sunglasses. You'll probably lose them in the lake by the end of the day, but hey, hopefully someone will compliment you on them or take your picture before that happens.
3. Make sure to get wherever you're going early. FYI: I-90 closes from 12:45 to 2:40 p.m.
4. Consider investing in a few disposable cameras for you and your friends for the weekend. (You could even splurge on a waterproof one!) it's a a fun (and all but forgotten) surprise for everyone to see what develops the next day. And if you happen to sacrifice a camera to the SeaFair gods, no big deal. Trust the girl whose on her fifth digital camera, losing the real deal is the worst.
5. If you're on a boat, you better hope your driver is at least mostly sober. The water police do not mess around, and BUIs are real. On that note, I gotta tell all my SeaFair loving friends - be safe all the time, whether you are driving or not. Watch out for boats when you're swimming around. It's going to be hot, so drink some water with your booze :)
6. Wear something silly or bad ass. Tie a scarf/bandanna around your head. Rock some neon. Bust out the short-shorts. Borrow stuff from your dad. Find some water wings. This is a holiday that involves pirates landing at Alki, so I'm pretty sure anything goes.
7. Put yourself in a prime viewing spot for the Blue Angels. They are amazing. Duh.
8. Two words: life-jacket diaper. Put your legs through the arm-holes, buckle up and jump in. This maneuver gives you just the right amount of buoyancy to float comfortably above the surface, drink in hand.
9. Don't be a mooch. Thank your host or hostess profusely, and chip in for gas, food and drinks.
10. Finally, have the best time ever, and then tell me all about it. If you manage to remember some great stories or take some amazing photos, send them to me (email@example.com) and I'll post 'em on SUILTSOY next week!